God's Love Shines down on us all

God's Love Shines down on us all
I Love You All, Blessed Be

Friday, August 14, 2009

Pretending to be members of the media :)

All of my life I've been into music. Lived it, loved it. I've played several instruments even though coordination issue's tried to stop me. I can listen to a song and dissect it to hear any one part I want to. I can hear mistakes that are made in mixing or recording and find joy in that. It makes the music more human and real. When I was a teenager I was into the whole concert scene big time. I loved attending concerts and even though I normally don't like loud noises or bright lights, I loved getting as close to the stage as possible. Sometimes me and my life long best friend Charlie would end up right by huge amplifiers with the sound waves from the bass thumping against our chests and trying to knock us over. But after awhile that didn't seem to be enough for either one of us. The front row wasn't good enough. We wanted to be closer. At the time I was studying and working with graphic arts. Charlie was into the same field at that time so we decided to publish a fake magazine. With this fake magazine we figured we could convince the right people to grant us things we were after. We were right. It took a few weeks of planning and work, but the print turned out to be believable, and we were in communication with executives from several record companies already being granted free tickets, backstage passes, and photo passes to get closer to the action than we've ever been before. It was a fantastic, exciting experience for the both of us. On a few occassions I would be snapping pictures of a famous musician while Charlie interviewed them just to ask questions he wanted to know. We seemed to have no trouble convincing anyone we worked at a music magazine. I guess if we really wanted to, we could've turned the lie into a reality. I'm sure there are some exec's out there who think that Leslie Teen Scene still exists. I'm sure if we wanted to, we could do it still today. Ah, being young is wonderful. The world is still new and exciting. I wish it was that way to me now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow to be young again... That took me back a long long time. Thanks Scott I needed that today.

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete